return to top
The Snake Diet is a fasting focused lifestyle that promotes a proactive eating routine. Unlike many of the mainstream diets that are food focused we focus on the benefits that you get in the time between feeds.
It is in the very recent history where the scales have tipped from food scarcity in Western Culture to food glut. At any time day or night food is available for consumption. This has created a culture that is food centred rather than body centred. The human body has adapted and evolved in environments where food scarcity was a common occurrence. The Snake Diet takes these principles and teaches people how to adapt them to modern living through protocols of fasting and proactive eating. The Snake Diet is a lifestyle that helps you understand how your body metabolizes food, burns fat and repairs itself at the cellular level.
For decades we have been fed a buffet of garbage food, garbage information and garbage diets. If you are tired of being disappointed whenever you get on a scale now is the time to try a lifestyle that actually works.
Learn more about the Snake Diet and how to use it to become the best version of you. Choose a section or keep reading below.
The Snake Diet is a fasting focused lifestyle that promotes proactive eating. Lets take a moment to unpack this for you. When we talk fasting we mean totally abstaining from food or consuming calories. During fasting periods the only thing being consumed is Snake Juice. Being in a fasted state is the only way to access the fat stores around your body. You are literally a walking buffet and it is through fasting that fat is broken down and metabolized by the body.
So what about eating? The Snake Diet promotes proactive eating. Proactive eating refers to intentional and deliberate eating windows. The Snake Diet feeding window is a tight 1-2 hrs to promote maxiumum fat burning.
The Snake Diet is a results based diet. We promote fasting protocols that result in fat loss, followed by a maintenance routine to sustain your goal weight.
How it works
The Snake Diet takes an evolutionary approach to eating. Since the beginning human food sources have been inconsistent. As a result the human body has made hormonal adaptations to survive in an environment of food scarcity.
When you eat more food than you can readily expend the excess energy is stored away for later use. When we eat our insulin levels increase and help to store energy in two ways. Sugars form long chains and are stored as glycogen in the liver. This energy source is for immediate use. There is limited storage space in the liver so; once capacity is reached the liver then begins to turn excess energy into fat to be stored on the body. There is no limit to how much fat can be stored on the body. The catch is that you cannot access the energy stored as fat until you have first depleted the liver of sugars. So, if you continue with high eating frequencies you are keeping your body in a constant fed state your body will continue to get energy from incoming food sources never depleting the liver of sugar and never allowing your body to access the stored fat on your body thereby leading to weight gain.
We are either storing food energy or burning it.
Being fed all of the time is an unnatural state of being. Humans were built to endure fasting periods. We fast when we sleep and we fast between meals. The discussion is not about whether you should fast or not because you already fast every night when you sleep however, where the Snake Diet challenges mainstream dogma is meal frequency. The Snake Diet turns what you thought about eating on its head by flipping the fasting and feeding equation. Instead of high meal frequencies the Snake Diet promotes extended periods of fasting followed with small windows of feeding.
When you eat is as important if not more important than what you eat. If you do not allow you body to fast you will not access your fat stores, you will continue to gain weight at the very least but more than likely you will end up with any number of health related issues.
Beyond the initial protocols the Snake Diet does not recommend a standard duration of fasting for weight loss because the amount of stored fat varies from person to person but regardless of time spent fasting consumption of Snake Juice is necessary.
Snake Juice is an electrolyte replenishing drink that is natural, cheap and can be made at home (recipe below).
Fast: During fasting periods you are totally abstaining from any calorie consumption. The only thing being consumed is Snake Juice (recipe below). Fasting durations vary from person to person. An obese individual can fast for a longer period of time than an individual with a low body fat percentage. The basic Snake Diet fasting protocols are simple: 1. Stop eating 2. Drink Snake Juice 2. Continue for as long as you feel good.
Re-feed: When you re-feed keep it simple. Be consistent with what you are eating you don’t need day-to-day variety. You are changing the way you live so keep it simple, keep it consistent and keep the feeding window tight are key. The Snake Diet promotes deliberate and intentional eating. Don’t eat just because.
Repeat: Repeat fasting periods followed by tight re-feeds until you are at your optimum weight then begin a maintenance routine of 24hr to 48hr fasts/re-feeds.
- Sodium Chloride (Himalayan Pink Salt)
- Potassium Chloride (No Salt)
- Baking Soda
- Magnesium Sulphate (Food Grade Epsom Salts, optional)
- Keto Sticks
- Weigh Scale
Snake Juice Recipe
Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
Beginning your first Snake Diet fast
- Eat supper
- Begin your first 48hr fast- stay occupied and drink Snake Juice. The first 48 will help you break your food addiction, rid your body of sugars and other toxins and help you get over your fear of fasting. Plan this during a time when you can be less active in case you find yourself dealing with sugar and caffine withdrawls.
- Weigh and record your weight the same time each day. Test your urine for ketones the same time each day.
- Continue your usual daily activites.
- Feed. Do not gorge yourself. Watch Snake Diet video on feeding protocols.
Repeat with a 72hr fast and then repeat with a prolonged fast. Make sure you are drinking Snake Juice during the fasting period. This will replenish your electrolytes and help with water retention.
Who does the Snake Diet benefit?
Everyone. The Snake Diet is like pushing the reset button at the cellular level. Most people have a dysfunctional relationship with food. Habits of over eating are followed by crash diets only to see that weight loss soon becomes weight gain. The Snake Diet is not a weekly, quarterly or monthly ritual but instead it is a training ground for daily self-control.
Snake Diet Benefits
Weight loss is one obvious benefit of embracing the Snake Diet but there are many other benefits.
- Weight loss and fat loss
- Reverse Type 2 Diabetes
- Increased Human Growth Hormone
- Ramped up metabolism
- Skin tightening
- Clears skin issues
- Cellular cleansing
Guide to daily living
Because we live in a food centred culture telling family and friends that you are fasting might raise a few eyebrows. They may start to challenge your decision with arguments about eating disorders, starvation and with good intentions insist that you eat. It is important to understand that although their intentions are good they are misguided and that this is an opportunity to talk to your circle about the benefits of embracing a fasting focused lifestyle. Become an influencer.
Situations where you may find your choice at odds with the norm:
- Special occasions
- Family functions
- Traditional eating times
- Work meetings or conferences
- Friendship gatherings
- Committee or volunteer meetings
- Fitness circles
So what do you do?
- First give yourself time to establish and become confident with your new lifestyle before you put yourself in challenging food situations.
- Second live a proactive eating routine. This means look ahead and plan when you will fast and when you will feed. If you know there is a function or a gathering coming up plan to fast up to the feeding time at the function or gathering.
- Third do not cave to judgement. Use your personal experience and education to motivate your personal circle to make life changes they will be glad you did.
The most common side effect that you will experience when you initially switch to a fasting focused life is caffeine withdrawal and sugar withdrawal headaches. These pass as you extend your fast and your body cleanses itself. Any other side effects that are typically associated with fasting such as muscle cramps and dizziness do not occur on the Snake Diet as long as you are drinking the Snake Juice to replenish your electrolytes.
Video: Why Coffee Makes you Fat
Tips for success
Switching to a fasting focused lifestyle can be a huge change for people so to ensure success we have a few tips for you to follow.
1. Educate, educate, educate. Watch the Snake Diet YouTube channel. We are not going to treat you with kid gloves there is explicit language and we take a no B.S. approach in calling out your poor lifestyle choices. Turning your life around is going to be hard, coddling you and making this easy is not what the Snake Diet is about but if you put in the time and the effort we will be there for you.
2. Join the Snake Diet Motivation group on Facebook. This is a very large community of supporters who are there to help you with any questions, to cheer you on your journey and to celebrate your successes.
3. Hold yourself accountable. Post accountability photos on the Snake Diet Motivation group. We know that success increases exponentially when you have publically declared your goals and posted images. The Snake Diet Motivation group is that safe place to begin your journey and hold yourself accountable.
4. Take weekly photos of yourself; front, back and side to hold you accountable.
5. Engage. Comment, like and share other people’s success stories.
Well fasting put me into starvation mode?
No. This is a common misunderstanding about what the body does during a fast. The human body was designed to endure prolonged fasting periods and studies have shown that fasting actually increase your basal metabolic rate.
Is fasting safe?
Yes. It is safe and natural as long as you follow the Snake Diet protocols, drink the Snake Juice and do a periodic self-check. By asking yourself the simple question: “How do I feel?” You can gauge whether you should continue a fast, or break for a re-feed.
Won’t fasting burn muscle?
No. When you fast the body first uses glycogen as glucose for energy. After that the body breaks down fat and converts it to energy.
Isn’t fasting the same as a calorie reduction diet?
No. The Snake Diet focuses on the duration between feeds. The Snake Diet addresses the question about when you eat. Calorie reduction diets are food-focused diets that focus on what you are eating. These are two very different concepts and trigger different bodily reactions.